Laura Stevens Physical Therapy is collecting items for Safe Homes of Orange County. Safe Homes is a private, not-for-profit, agency dedicated to assisting survivors of domestic violence, teen-dating violence, and human trafficking by providing free and confidential services. Their mission is to “work toward the elimination of intimate partner violence and trafficking by providing comprehensive support services to victims and their children, and by increasing public awareness about these issues and encouraging accountability for perpetrators.”
We will be collecting items through February 19, 2017. Items may be dropped off during our normal business hours, Monday through Thursday, 8am – 6:40pm, and Friday, 8am – 3:40pm.
To support victims of domestic abuse and enable them to live in a safe home, the following items are needed:
Current Needs (New Only):
- New twin sized linens, blankets, towels, and pillows.
- New pots, pans, dishes, and glassware
- New silverware and cutlery
- New laundry baskets
- Gift cards for food/gas stores ($10-$20 value)
- Diapers (size 3-6), baby wipes, baby wash/shampoo, baby lotions, and powder
- Baby food jars and cereal (Gerber and Beech Nut); baby formula
- Full-sized toiletries and other personal care items
- Laundry and cleaning supplies
Non-perishable food items:
- Tuna fish, canned chicken, ham, beef stew
- Rice and rice mixes (including Goya)
- Pasta and tomato sauce (Prego, Ragu, etc.)
- Pasta sides (Lipton, etc.)
- Mashed potato mix
- Chunky soups
- Hamburger helper
- Cooking oils
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Breakfast cereals and oatmeal
- Coffee and sugar
- Microwavable foods
- Canned fruit and apples
- Milk and juice packets
By donating these items, you can help a local family break the cycle of domestic abuse by supporting their goal of a safe and secure home.
To contact Safe Homes: 24 hour hotline: 845-562-534 or online.